Skip to main content

'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin


A sad side note is that rl and sl comes together sometimes as is in this case.
This pic of him and the eagle sitting on top was on the isle.
You could click on the pic and get this:

Wednesday, 20th September 2006, 12:34

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A public memorial service was held in honour of 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin today (20.09.06).

Over 5,000 people attended the ceremony, which was staged in the 'Crocoseum' at the wildlife expert's Australia Zoo, in Queensland, and broadcast live to Australia, Asia and America.

Irwin, 44, was killed on September 4 when a stingray barb pierced his chest while he was filming a documentary off of Australia's Great Barrier Reef.

The conservationist's tearful wife Terri, their two-year-old son Bob and daughter Bindi, eight, were dressed in the presenter's trademark khaki shorts and shirts to say their public goodbyes.

Irwin's father, Bob, said: "Please don't grieve for Steve, he's at peace now, but I'd like you to grieve for the animals, for the animals have lost the best friend they ever had, and so have I."

Daughter Bindi also made a touching speech. She said: "My daddy was a hero, he was always there for me when I needed him.

"We filmed together, caught crocodiles together and loved being in the bush together. I want to help endangered wildlife just like he did.

"I have the best daddy in the whole world and I will miss him every day. When I see a crocodile, I will always think of him."

Australian Prime Minister John Howard also paid his respects and taped tributes came from Hollywood actors Russell Crowe, Kevin Costner and Cameron Diaz.

Crowe - who was Irwin's close personal friend - said: "I know as humble as you always were, you would still be please to know that the world sends its love and people all over the planet have been grieving."

Irwin's family and friends held a small private funeral on September 9.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Then and Now #SecondLifeChallenge

In this post, I'm doing one of Strawberry Singh's Second Life challenges. Pick one of the oldest pics of your avatar and make a side by side comparison of a recent picture of your avatar. In this post, I'm doing one of Strawberry Singh's Second Life challenges. Pick one of the oldest pics of your avatar and make a side by side comparison of a recent picture of your avatar. Technically, I don't have any of the old pics (at the time of this post) but I do have to old avatar I used when I first became a kid. I did take a free men's skin and add the metal skin to look more android as I thought sl was a futuristic technology. On the top is what I looked like when I first became a kid and the one on the bottom is this year's avatar. My Style Credits for 2019 Picture: Lokiwear free mesh avatar. Lokiwear: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Escapades/125/146/35 Hoodie and shorts is also from Lokiwear Men's hair was a freebie Mismatching shoes is f

Meta7

These are pics of me on the Meta7 grid. I hope everyone can find me. I signed up about a year ago, but never could get online. Last week I sent in a ticket on my account. They told me to reset my password and bingo. Why yes I'm a girl avatar. Why? I thought that I'm a male in sl so why not be a girl in M7?

New Youtube stuff.

I have recently begun working on my youtube channel . You'll be seeing lots of stuff at random times. Exploring other grids as well as Second Life. Be sure to follow. Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK7J1pMtGF_yibZygmR17aQ?view_as=subscriber