Skip to main content

Google leaves Second Life

Google fails in Second Life
By IANS
Wednesday,11 February 2009, 08:04 hrs IST

Bangalore: Google's foray into the Second Life through 'Lively' has culminated to be a botched attempt. The internet giant made a polite exit on 31st December, terming the whole thing to be an experiment.

'Lively', an online world which gained popularity as it exempted the users from any hassle of payment to create an account, didn't have an advertising solution barring the search engine from generating any revenue from its online world. As a competitor it also lacked the necessary tools to facilitate users in generating their own content in the site. The limited tools provided to the users were mostly used for sex and violence in the most popular rooms, reports Mint. The players were also not satisfied with the watered-down number of movements and action options that Lively gave compared to the complicated massively multiplayer online role-playing games (MMORPGs) and Second Life. The online world did not have enough habitants with users frequently making an exit, resulting in erasing every chance to convert the number of members into a revenue stream.

Read the full story here >>>>>>

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Then and Now #SecondLifeChallenge

In this post, I'm doing one of Strawberry Singh's Second Life challenges. Pick one of the oldest pics of your avatar and make a side by side comparison of a recent picture of your avatar. In this post, I'm doing one of Strawberry Singh's Second Life challenges. Pick one of the oldest pics of your avatar and make a side by side comparison of a recent picture of your avatar. Technically, I don't have any of the old pics (at the time of this post) but I do have to old avatar I used when I first became a kid. I did take a free men's skin and add the metal skin to look more android as I thought sl was a futuristic technology. On the top is what I looked like when I first became a kid and the one on the bottom is this year's avatar. My Style Credits for 2019 Picture: Lokiwear free mesh avatar. Lokiwear: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Escapades/125/146/35 Hoodie and shorts is also from Lokiwear Men's hair was a freebie Mismatching shoes is f

Meta7

These are pics of me on the Meta7 grid. I hope everyone can find me. I signed up about a year ago, but never could get online. Last week I sent in a ticket on my account. They told me to reset my password and bingo. Why yes I'm a girl avatar. Why? I thought that I'm a male in sl so why not be a girl in M7?

Well , here's another nice blitz you've gotten me into !