Skip to main content

Age verification again

https://blogs.secondlife.com/message/7158


Boroondas Gupte


"You can join Teen Second Life on the same page as the Second Life for adults. On which of these variants you'll get after subscribing depends on the real life date of birth you're giving there. (Note that the Terms of Service require you to give true and accurate data when subscribing, so you can't choose between teen and adult Second Life.) For neither you are required to give a mobile phone number.



Age Verification is one of the ways to get "Account Verified" (the other ways being to have payment info on file with either secondlife.com or XStreetSL). It is supposed to prove that you're an adult, so I don't think it is available for members of Teen Second Life at all. Age Verification might ask for different legal documents for different nationalities/countries of residence, but I don't think it would ask for a mobile phone number, either.



If you ended up in the "wrong" variant of Second Life due to giving incorrect data at subscription, either contact support to get the data rectified and yourself moved to the right variant of Second Life, or—if you don't mind loosing your current SL name, L$ balance and inventory—create a new account with the correct data and cancel your current one. If you ended up on the "right" variant of Second Life although you've given wrong data, you might still want to get your data rectified, because e.g. the given date of birth will determine when a Teen Second Life Resident will be moved to the "Main Grid" and because you might be banned for breaking the ToS. (Unlikely as long as you don't give them another reason, but it can happen.)"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meta7

These are pics of me on the Meta7 grid. I hope everyone can find me. I signed up about a year ago, but never could get online. Last week I sent in a ticket on my account. They told me to reset my password and bingo. Why yes I'm a girl avatar. Why? I thought that I'm a male in sl so why not be a girl in M7?

Then and Now #SecondLifeChallenge

In this post, I'm doing one of Strawberry Singh's Second Life challenges. Pick one of the oldest pics of your avatar and make a side by side comparison of a recent picture of your avatar. In this post, I'm doing one of Strawberry Singh's Second Life challenges. Pick one of the oldest pics of your avatar and make a side by side comparison of a recent picture of your avatar. Technically, I don't have any of the old pics (at the time of this post) but I do have to old avatar I used when I first became a kid. I did take a free men's skin and add the metal skin to look more android as I thought sl was a futuristic technology. On the top is what I looked like when I first became a kid and the one on the bottom is this year's avatar. My Style Credits for 2019 Picture: Lokiwear free mesh avatar. Lokiwear: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Escapades/125/146/35 Hoodie and shorts is also from Lokiwear Men's hair was a freebie Mismatching shoes is f

Well , here's another nice blitz you've gotten me into !